Amid a continuing spike in COVID-19 instances, Tamil Nadu braces for tough restrictions from Thursday up until 4 am on May 20. The state on Monday recorded an all-time excessive in new COVID-19 infections including 20,952 instances to the caseload of 12,28,064 whereas 122 deaths pushed the toll to 14,468 to date, the Health Department mentioned. Meanwhile, recoveries continued to be excessive with as many as 18,016 folks strolling out of healthcare services aggregating 10,90,338 to date, leaving 1,23,258 lively instances, a bulletin mentioned.
Tamil Nadu COVID-19 restrictions: What is allowed/restricted
- Standalone grocery and vegetable retailers will be allowed to operate with out air conditioners. They will operate solely until midday
- Beauty parlours and spas will not be allowed to operate even in rural containment zones; these have already been banned from performing at city centres
- There will be no fish, hen or meat promoting on weekends; will be allowed from 6 am to midday on weekdays
- Weddings will be allowed with a most gathering of 20 folks solely
- Restaurants, mess and resorts are allowed to present takeaways solely
- Tea retailers will be allowed to operate until midday
- Essential companies like milk and pharmacies will be permitted as typical
- All authorities and personal places of work will be allowed to operate with 50 per cent of the workforce
- Government has already prohibited the functioning of massive malls, purchasing complexes and huge format retailers since April 26
- Passenger trains, metro trains and personal and authorities taxis can ply with 50 per cent seating capability
Meanwhile, with the rise in new infections, DMK chief MK Stalin, set to grow to be the Chief Minister, has already held a gathering with Chief Secretary Rajeev Ranjan and Health Secretary J Radhakrishnan.
During the assembly, Stalindirected the officers to take up measures towards the unfold of the virus and meet all of the wants of the contaminated folks.
He directed the officers to additionally take steps to be sure that Remdesivir used to deal with COVID-19 sufferers was accessible in different districts in keeping with the medicines being bought in retail in Chennai.
He suggested them to step up the infrastructure like including beds, oxygen assist services and medication immediately, a press launch mentioned.